I got a new laptop and am really going to try to get into a blogging routine now! So since Momfessionals is a blog I read daily, I thought it would be fun to link up with this blog topic today.
So I am sharing 10 quirks and fun things that make me, me!
- Cleaning Out the Refrigerator–I. Just. Can’t. I will want to gag and vomit. Therefore we don’t keep a lot of leftovers in our fridge. I don’t want to eat leftovers for more than a day or two at the most. And I sure don’t want to have to clean out expired, molded, or anything gross looking/smelling! Yuck!
- So speaking off expired food–That’s number 2. I know the sell by date and expiration date are two different things. I get it. But in my mind I just can’t get past it. Especially milk. I love milk, but I am not drinking it past the sell by date.
- Procrastination Station is where I live. I so badly want to be better at this, but at 32 it is still a struggle. Give me a deadline and most likely I’m trying to knock it out the day before. I am pretty organized, but I just can’t get it together enough to be ahead of the game. This doesn’t only apply to projects. If I get up 2 hours before work, chances are I’m sitting around or found something else to do besides getting ready. So those last 30 minutes are a rush to get out of the door and to work on time. I’m just late for everything. And I know it’s rude. I need help!
- Voicemails–Please don’t leave me one. I’m not going to listen to it. Send me a text. Send me an email. Try to call back. But for heaven’s sake do not leave me a voicemail!
- Laundry–I can wash it, dry it, and fold it up. Easy. But getting it on a hanger or in a drawer is like a big struggle. I have no excuse or reasoning. I can just let it sit folded up for days before putting it away. Sad.
- Eyesight–I don’t really know if you consider this a quirk or not. It’s certainly not a fun thing for me either. Praise the Lord for contacts and thick eyeglasses though. I am pretty much legally blind without my contacts. So I’m known as the one of the group that can’t drive at night. And I can’t lie and say its not a struggle during day time either! Ha! A book or phone is usually held up right to my face. And thank goodness for 70 inch screen tv’s too. It’s been an issue since birth so I’m definitely used to it by now, but friends can still get amazed by how bad it really is.
- My sound machine! I cannot sleep without it. Seriously. If I’m staying in the room with others who I think it annoys, I bring headphones so I can still listen to it. If I fall asleep and for some reason it cuts off, I will automatically wake up. I used to have a huge clock radio/alarm/sound machine from college. So before they had an app for it, I would carry it with me when I would go to a hotel. I love a good night’s sleep.
- Speaking of Sleep…. I love to sleep. People that function off 4, 5, 6 hours of sleep. I don’t know how you do it. I need 8 hours and love more than that. My bed is one of my favorite places. I love naps too. I don’t discriminate when it comes to sleep. I am just a happier person to be around when I get to sleep for as long as I want.
- Pedicures–I get one every three weeks. Me and my BFF go like clockwork year round. It’s just essential girl time and your feet always look pretty!
- Being a wife–I love being a wife. I may complain about doing stuff around the house but really I love it. I love doing the laundry (obviously not putting it away), cleaning, and cooking. I love cooking my husband a meal. It’s a love language to me. I just enjoy having a space that is ours and being in it. The older I have gotten I have become a homebody. I just love making our little space a home. It just makes me happy!
I could really go on and on with this list, but I don’t want to give all my weird quirks away!